Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 16, 2006

Home for a rest, not likely.

So if you are among the few people who read my blog you may have wondered if I fell off the face of the earth. Hmm, well I didn't exactly, but I did spend two (mostly) wonderful weeks on the other side of the country. Now you may think that I should have posted as "Right Coast Mama", and you would be right, I should have, but I didn't. So, what to do? Well I guess that a recap will be forthcoming, but not tonight. I still need to decompress and Aidan isn't adapting well to being back home. I think it will take us quite a bit of time to getting him back into his routine.

The main problem is, yes you guessed it, sleep. He seems to be having separation anxiety especially in the middle of the night. He has been waking up at 3 or 4 am and then he just wants to cuddle. He isn't ready to be awake, he doesn't want to play, all he wants is to be as close to me as he can. The odd thing is that when this ever happened before he always wanted to nurse. Now he just wants to be close. It is harder to get him to sleep after this happens when we aren't nursing. I guess it is me that is missing it.

It is really funny to me that I can miss something that I was sure was going to be a bit of a chore that I would do for six months or until he bit me. Eighteen months later and I am mourning that fact that he is weaning. Sigh.

Anyway, as I am falling asleep at the laptop, I should let you dear readers (my that was presumptuous of me,) go, and bid you adieu. Good night.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Heidi said…

    Glad you're back:)
    It's funny how nursing grows on you:)I remember asking our pediatrician what was the minimum amount of time you "have" to nurse without using formula, and she said a year so that was my plan. It's only been 4 1/2 months now, but I can't imagine ever stopping until SHE decides to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home